Ameren Transmission proposes to build a 345,000-volt transmission from Palmyra, Mo., to Sugar Creek, Ind. The total project is approximately 330 miles in length, including an approximately 41-mile line between Meredosia and Ipava and an isolated approximately 28-mile long line linking the Rising and Sidney substations in the Champaign area.
The project is designed to
· Facilitate the delivery of renewable energy.
· Strengthen the transmission system, provide additional transmission capacity, and improve reliability.
· Provide economic and efficiency benefits.
· Provide local area reliability benefits and voltage support.
· The Illinois Rivers Project is directly aligned with Ameren’s strategic goals of providing customers with safe, reliable, efficient and environmentally responsible energy.